Trading & Investment Consultancy
- Low corporation tax.
- Net Profits are taxed at the rate of only 10%
- Low income tax
- A 10 year tax holiday on profits resulting from the projects operation. (For investments in ancillary tourist projects.
- Partial subsidization of the cost of the preparation of the relevant pre-feasibiity studies.
- Double tax treaties with 26 countries including the U.S.A
- Excellent Communications
- Advanced Banking network
- Very good geographical position. (Cyprus lies at the meeting point of Europe-Africa-Asia
- Cyprus government maintains very good relations with the Arab World and the countries of the East Europe.
- The accession of Cyprus to the European Union.
Foreign Direct Investment Policy
There are NO RESTRICTIONS if investors are citizens of EU member states. For investors coming from other countries the Government relaxed the rules and regulations applicable to inward investments. In the majority of cases administrative procedures have been simplified and foreign participation of up to 100 percent is allowed.
1. Primary Sector
Up to 49% foreign participation is allowed for activities relating to agriculture, animal husbandry, fishing, forestry etc
2. Secondary Sector
Foreign participation of up to 100% is permitted for bonded factories or industrial units in the Industrial Free Zone.
3. Tertiary Sector
Foreign participation of up to 100% in permitted for services included in Appendix 1 & Appendix 2 Exceptions to the general tertiary sector policy are the restaurants, the hotels,
and hotel apartments.
4. Restricted Activities
Applications for the following activities are rejected outright by the Central Bank.
- Real estate development
- Tertiary education
- Offices for servicing of foreign airlines at the airports. However airline companies of foreign companies are except if they can offer such services to their own aircraft.
- The provision of public utility services cover by specific legislation such as electricity, postal services, and agricultural insurance, television and radio stations.
Copyright Dixano Services Ltd